If you’re looking to get rid of stubborn fat, you may have heard of fat freezing, also known as cryolipolysis. This non-invasive procedure uses controlled cooling to freeze and eliminate fat cells. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the science behind fat freezing, how it works, and what you can expect during and after the procedure.
How Does Fat Freezing Work?
Fat freezing works by exploiting the difference in temperature sensitivity between fat cells and skin cells. Fat cells are more temperature sensitive than skin cells, so they freeze and die at a lower temperature than skin cells. During the procedure, a device is attached to the skin, and a vacuum pulls the skin and fat into the cooling panels. The fat cells are then cooled to a temperature that causes them to crystallize and die.
Once the fat cells are frozen and dead, the body naturally eliminates them through the lymphatic system. Over the next several weeks, the body gradually breaks down and eliminates the dead fat cells, leaving behind a slimmer, more contoured physique.
The Science Behind Fat Freezing
Fat freezing is based on the scientific principle that fat cells are more temperature sensitive than skin cells. When exposed to low temperatures, fat cells begin to freeze and crystallize. As the temperature drops, the fat cells gradually die. The skin cells, on the other hand, can withstand the low temperature, so they remain unharmed.
This temperature sensitivity difference between fat cells and skin cells allows for controlled cooling of the fat cells, without damaging the skin. Over time, the body naturally eliminates the dead fat cells, leaving behind a slimmer, more contoured physique.
What to Expect During and After Fat Freezing
Cryolipolysis, also known as fat freezing, is a non-invasive procedure that uses controlled cooling to freeze and eliminate fat cells. Here’s what you can expect during and after the procedure:
During the procedure:
- You will be asked to lie down and relax while the treatment area is marked and a gel pad is applied.
- The cryolipolysis applicator will be applied to the treatment area and will gradually reduce the temperature of the skin and fat cells.
- You may feel a cooling sensation during the procedure, but it should not be painful.
- The procedure typically takes between 30 minutes and 1 hour, depending on the size of the treatment area.
After the procedure:
- You may experience some redness, swelling, and tenderness in the treatment area, but these side effects should subside within a few days.
- You may also feel some discomfort or aching, but this can be managed with over-the-counter pain medication.
- You should avoid strenuous exercise for a few days after the procedure, but you can return to your normal activities immediately.
- The fat cells will gradually be eliminated from your body over the next few months, and you may start to see results in as little as 2-3 weeks.
- It’s important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine after the procedure to ensure long-lasting results.
Remember, every patient is unique and results may vary. Your cryolipolysis provider will be able to give you more specific information and guidance based on your situation.
Fat freezing melbourne is a safe and effective way to get rid of stubborn fat. With its non-invasive approach, no downtime, and proven results, it’s a great option for people who want to slim down and achieve a more contoured physique. Just make sure to find a qualified provider who can perform the procedure safely and effectively.